Thursday, July 16, 2015

Reality of Power in the Workplace

Wow, Christine, this is excellent!  

One, you apply APA references superbly.
Two, you are totally honest with yourself with reference to the Fullan checklist. 
Three, yes, I can relate to the fear of taking risks, especially if you are a sole provider.  I am for our family; my wife is on disability due to bad back injuries.  So, I can relate. 

Moreover, I have learned over the years that unless you have the power to reward, punish in depth, you cannot buck, beat the systems in which we work.  Forget all of the textbook theory about change.  In the end, it comes down to power, pure, plain, and simple. 

Yes, this is not typical academic jargon, talk, ideology, but it is a "lesson learned" over the years often the hard way by me about change and power.  I share it to confirm the wisdom of your position; you ought never to doubt or apologize for it.  Keep up your excellent work!   Dr. Rux

No comments: