Friday, October 30, 2015

Process Equals Product in Value

Week 1 – Course Progress Feedback – Dr. Rux

During our course startup week, I had a chat for a few minutes with a close friend at my weekly Rotary Club meeting.  Here is the gist of what your professor shared with his Rotary friend.  “I really love what I am doing.  I now teach online for Concordia University; the caliber of my students is the best ever, and I have been teaching online since 1999.  They have courtesy, they are good writers, they want to learn, not just get another ‘piece of paper’ to earn more money.  They have strong moral foundations.  I am enjoying peace of mind and fulfillment of my dream to be a university teacher.”  I am not trying to “butter you up.”  It is the truth.  I have always dreamed of having students like you at the doctoral level of study.  Dreams come true!  Our course is more than mastery of academic content.  It is also a practice lab in ethical teamwork.  Do not overlook the skills in fostering constructive relationships with others that you will polish as we proceed.   Yes, process is as important as product.  This is also a theme in OD.  How we learn is as important as what we learn.  I look forward to enjoying more professional and personal fun as we proceed.  Thanks!  Dr. Rux 

No comments: