Friday, April 24, 2015

Flow Not Fight

Laura, I hope your daughter and father are getting better as you read this. Wow, talk about stress!  Also, the job loss is big-time stress.  Please feel free to use me as a reference as you seek another job.  I find it very easy to support "winners" like you.  You can reach me through my website www.paulrux.net.  Also, please do not be hard on yourself about not wanting to be a leader.  American culture frankly is overly obsessed with leadership.  I take this approach.  I look at the universe from Quantum Physics as self-organizing.  In other words, let things work themselves out; we can offer suggestions at different times when folks are ready to listen to them.  However, the idea that we can somehow mechanically impose our will on the world through techniques and tricks is not realistic.  I like to use the Chinese Tao teaching of water.  Flow, not fight, is how we make progress.  We need not always lead to make progress.  I let people come to me for leadership; I do not seek them.  For instance, a state assembly woman has asked to meet with me because she likes my insights into educational needs.  She "flowed" to me.  I did not "fight" my way to her.  Again, you have been stellar; please use me as a reference if you need.  Take care or you and yours.  Dr. Rux

No comments: